Friday 4 May 2012

First Event!


I want to thank a friend of mine from the University of Windsor. I was in residence with Nagham El-houssein and she has the type of outgoing personality that is always helping others. Nagham called me up and said: 

“Hey Cory, is it okay if I do a bake sale with the BCNSA at the University of Windsor to raise money for Parkinson’s Cycle of hope.”



I was so excited she wanted to organize a bake sale to help us! And when Nagham gets something set in her head, she isn’t going to settle for anything less than perfect.

Nagham and the BCNSA of the University of Windsor came together with friends to make some amazing snacks which were sold to raise almost $1000!!!!!!!!! I can’t thank them enough for what they did…they took the initiative to create the first Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope event & what a great success it was. It was incredible to see the support from the people who were on the University of Windsor campus that day, because all the snacks were based on donations and almost every person made a contribution! I also met several people who mentioned Parkinson’s disease was affecting one of their loved ones, and I want them to know they are the reason we are doing this!

Here is the link to the Facebook page   http://www.facebook.com/events/183453795101495/?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment