Friday 29 June 2012

June 20th-Day of Departure


We did a quick swoop of the house, I said by to my chocolate lab, and then Elyse and I hopped into the van. We wanted to get as far west as we could, so we were up at 4am and on the road by 5. We drove through the USA to bypass the great lakes but man oh man are those toll roads annoying…I would probably buy an IPASS next time rather than sitting in line every ten minutes.

We had wonderful driving weather until the last hour or so where we were forced to pull over and wait out a ridiculous amount of rain in MinnesotaWe were getting tired so we searched for the first campground we could find and called a KOA home for the night.

Today is my dad’s birthday, so I tried calling him from Skype because my cellphone would have taken a hard hit if I turned it on to use it in the states. I didn’t get through to him BUT I said happy birthday to him before I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment