Friday 29 June 2012

Okay, So we were crunching some final numbers tonight to finalize the total amount raised from Pre-ride events....The Ken's valu-mart & Purdy's All-You-Can- Eat Fish & Chips turned out to raise an incredible $4153.87. Mother Nature was on our side and gave us a beautiful bluebird day to serve over 200 folks who came out to enjoy a great meal/ support Parkinson's Cycle of Hope. A huge thank you goes out to Ken's valu-mart and Purdy's Fishery for donating the eats, the crew from Purdy's who kindly volunteered their time, Kaylin Elliott for capturing photos, my fam/friends for helping out again, and all the awesome folks who sold & bought tickets to this event!!! Sarnia support can't be beat and I greatly appreciate the people who have consistently had my back!!!!! Steph & Mike thank you SO much for hooking this me up with the opportunity to have this event!


Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope’s Car Wash for Parkinson’s research was an incredible way to end to the pre-ride fundraising!

First Christian Reformed Church is top-notch for allowing us to use their parking lot on the corner of Exmouth and Murphy Rd & WaterBoy Mobile Wash made the day by sponsoring the event! WaterBoy brought his professional mobile rig and sprayed down each vehicle while my family and friends volunteered their time to scrub, scrub, and scrub some more-I want to thank Chad, My dad/Mom, Amy, Maggi, Char, Keagan, Sean, Craig, and Hiller for volunteering their time! Also, Uncle Steve was the man of the hour a few times when he brought popsicles for the crew and customers!

The volunteers worked with WaterBoy Mobile Wash from 8am-6:30pm and the cars were very steady! I saw lots of familiar faces who have been supporting Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope along the way, and customers donated very generously to raise a total of $1143!!!!! We also had a kind woman graciously donate $1000 to Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope, so today’s final pre-ride fundraising event totalled $2143!!!!!

Elyse and I begin driving to Vancouver Tuesday, June 19th and I begin Cycling June 25th from Vancouver to Halifax, but Sarnia has been absolutely incredible through their support for Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope! I have a great family and great friends, but the support from businesses and individuals throughout the last 9 months can’t be matched. I am jacked to be able to call Sarnia my hometown and I will carry that with me throughout Canada. If the rest of Canada is as gracious as the residents of Sarnia-Lambton, Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope is going to surpass my goal of $50 000 without a doubt! We are working on calculating the final details from the wonderful night we had at Purdy’s Dockside Eatery and we will know our grand total raised thus far (Going to be very, very close to $30 000).

I hope Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope has brought a bit of awareness about Parkinson’s disease to Sarnia-Lambton, and I only hope we can bring more! I’m cycling for everyone who has ever been affected by Parkinson’s disease and I wasn’t sure what kind of support I would have behind me when I started, BUT let me be clear that I have a wonderful group of people supporting me in my dream to make a difference in the lives of people living with Parkinson’s disease. I love my old man and I hate this disease, so I can’t thank you enough for the generosity and support you have shown Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope!!!

Sincerely,

Cory Welsh

No comments:

Post a Comment