Friday 29 June 2012

June 25th


June 25th
I am super bummed that I am not cycling today; however, we used the day to meet up with Chris Oliver, who is a buddy of mine from Sarnia that is going to bike the first day with me. Chris is currently living in Victoria, BC, as he is posted there for the navy. Chris spread the word to as many people as he could and managed to wrangle up $200 to donate to Parkinson’s Cycle of Hope- You’re the man Oliver!!!
After meeting with Chris, Elyse and I walked around downtown Vancouver looking for a bike shop to pick up a few last minute items, scoped out the UBC campus because we are starting there tomorrow, and then we went out for lunch with my friend from university, Adinda!
We drove to the Tupper’s house because we were staying with them the night of the 25th. Mrs. Tupper works for the Parkinson’s Society in BC, and she was kind enough to invite Elyse and I into her family’s home for the night. They cooked up an incredible stew for dinner and I was off to bed early as I wanted to get a good sleep. I honestly can say I don’t think I have ever had a stew with such tender meat in it…whatever they did to that stew, I give them huge props!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment