Tuesday 31 July 2012

Britle to Brandon MB

This morning we woke up and had breakfast with the Marshalls. Then Hartell (sorry if the spelling is wrong), led me out of Birtle on a bike of a little different style! He let me take the bike for a spin and it is actually so comfy!


Here are the trip stats for today....it was a beautiful day and Norm joined me a pretty good chunk of the ride!
https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/user/calendar/item/analyze.ftl?id=157452068&r


I have mentioned before that I am not the biggest fan of cycling; however, I do have to say it does make me feel very good when I’m finished, cycling seems to be a great outlet for frustration, and is a good way to get away from the world and think clearly for the short period of time I am on the road.


Norm LOVES to cycle…I met him for the first time today and you can tell he has been active throughout his life. He used to play a lot of competitive football and his strength is visibly incredible. Norm has Parkinson’s and cycling is his godsend because he said it keeps him from stiffening up…Norm mentioned that if he doesn’t cycle for a couple days, he really notices the negative side effects; therefore, he gets out as much as possible and it keeps him active and healthy!


Today was our rest day, so I took complete advantage of catching up on previous blogs and enjoying the Lowe’s company. Elyse and Linda spent most of their time with the many family pets in this home. Elyse and I both have dogs and cats back home, so we appreciated having animals around!


Linda is an awesome cook and hooked us up with many great meals, but the most memorable will simply be the kindness of both these individuals. I like animals…but these two LOVE them and the many pets they have had throughout their time together, are very, very lucky!



Norms Bike is wild…it is so light and fast…he said he has been up to as fast as 50mph!!!!! it was a little frustrating to know my bike would not go that fast; however, my bike is a beast and I haven’t even had a flat yet!!!!! This is probably pretty decent advertising for Cervelo, and I should probably ask for a bike from them too!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment