Sunday 22 July 2012

Granum to Taber (112km)


Today started off a bit rough when Elyse heard something go flying off the van. I chalked it up as loose dirt spinning off from the tires, but I actually left her keys on the roof and they ended up being shattered by the trucks behind us. I thought I had learned my lesson when I left my cellphone on the roof in North Vanvouver...unfortunately, my cellphone made it and the keys did not.

The ride itself was fairly decent until we got into Lethbridge, where I had to be very keen of what was happening around me. There were no bike lanes going through town and lots of merging lanes, but I kept a close eye on the cars zooming around me and managed to meet up with Caroline Zentner from the Lethbridge Herald. Elyse locked the keys in the car, so we had lots of time to speak with Caroline while we waited for CAA to come. 

Thanks for meeting with us Caroline!!

We met with Caroline at 1 and had to be in Taber (50km's away) at 3 to meet with Greg Price (who was absolutely fantastic-he wrote an article leading up to our arrival and a follow up article, as well as contacting other media sources around his area!) So, I hustled and made it work and then checked into the Heritage Inn  in Taber. Thank you for the complimentary stay Heritage Inn!!!!http://www.heritageinn.net/Home?session_location_start=9

When I entered Taber, I saw a sign saying there was a rodeo in town tonight, so Elyse and I checked it out....it was probably more entertaining than the Calgary Stampede, because the Bull Fighters were just bananas. The one bull fighter had a shattered sternum and the other one was standing on barrels and jumping over the bull etc. Crazy how close they got to those massive animals.

The sun was hot again today, so I asked Elyse if we could call it a day and head back to the hotel room to get ready for Medicine Hat tomorrow.  

Here is a link to a whack-load of photos Elyse took from Calgary to Taber.



No comments:

Post a Comment