Sunday 8 July 2012

Day 8 Salmon Arm to Revelstoke (Just over 100km)


We woke up this morning and had breakfast with Faye and Andrew. Faye donated $100 on behalf of the Parkinson Support group in Salmon Arm!

Elyse and I drove back to the spot we stopped yesterday, and I began my ride to Revelstoke. This was one of the most scenic rides yet! The sunshine was beaming down on me but the mountains kept the air cool and refreshing.

 





Pics of the trip
Scott from 91.5 Fm-EzRock Salmon Arm caught up with Elyse and I to help us spread awareness about Parkinson’s disease which affects over 100 000 individuals in Canada alone! We want to help fund a cure!!!!
I also bumped into a great guy named Kevin while taking a picture of the Sicamous, BC sign. Sicamous has been battling a great deal of flooding recently, and they are getting ready for the possibility of another flood. I wish them all the best and HOPE the flood gods will ease up on them so they can get on with normal living.


Sicamous sign




Revelstoke seems to have some of the biggest peaks around and when we arrived in Revelstoke we checked into the Revelstoke Gateway Inn, who kindly gave us a complimentary two bedroom room (Thank you!!!!!).  Here is their website: http://www.revelstokegatewayinn.com/
We grabbed a few groceries from the local store, came back to the hotel to cook up some pasta, and then had a quick hot tub! A guy we met in Kelowna said the Revelstoke Hydro Dam was a must see attraction so we checked it out.




Pics of the dam
Finding reliable internet service to upload these blogs has been challenging at times, but I hope to be able to share the experience from Revelstoke to Golden tomorrow. 150km is the estimated trip and we will be getting up extra early because we lose an hour due to switching into Mountain Time. Rogers Pass is part of this trip…I don’t pay too much attention to what is ahead because I know I will complete the day no matter what, but Hell’s gate (already conquered and Rogers Pass (tomorrow) are two of the main areas cyclist warned me of.

Looking forward to the ride to Golden tomorrow and we are staying with a family who is very close to my grandma, so that should be an added bonus!

Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkinsons-Cycle-of-Hope/162105320559401 because Elyse is a photo uploading machine!
For those of you who are tweetin’ tweets, please don’t be scared to send a tweet my way! @CoryWelsh9
Take care for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment