Tuesday 31 July 2012

Portage La Prairie to the Capital of Manitoba

From Portage La Prarie to Winnipeg we had solid tail winds and I made it in decent time…It was nice to get to Winnipeg early, because I wanted to get some work done on my bike, and I wasn’t really able to get that done until the bigger city! I stopped by an Olympia bike shop and got them to tune the bike up.  He decided to replace my left crank arm because it was loose and he also decided to replace my chain because I was around the halfway mark. Unfortantely, because I am writing this in retrospect I will tell you that I experienced some problems from Winnipeg to Thunderbay because he should have replaced my rear caset also. Live and learn! The joys of not being able to fix my own bike completely.

We ended up staying with Amanda Gill and her parents because Amanda works for the Parkinson Society in Manitoba and did an excellent job securing spots for us to stay. She couldn’t find a spot in Winnipeg, but I greatly appreciate that her family opened their doors to us!

We had a great dinner and then Amanda showed us a few key spots in Winnipeg. The Fringe festival was going on downtown, so we decided to hit that up for a bit.

Elyse and I were super tired so we called it an early night and decided we should get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment