Sunday 22 July 2012

Taber to Medicine Hat (113km)


Well, I finally have the training files under control again! Here is the link: 

Today's ride was HOT! I had trouble last night staying hydrated and then woke up without an appetite....forced myself to eat food all day because I knew I needed it for energy; however, I started throwing up and having a terrible time towards the last 25km's. Eventually I filled my hydra-pack with Gatorade powder and literally drank it continuously for the last two hours....it was a painful trek but I got it done! 

Cool fact: Medicine Hat receives 2 512 hours of sunlight per year, making it the sunniest spot in Canada!

We arrived in Medicine Hat and called my mom to find out if we had anywhere to stay...we found out we were staying at the Comfort Inn, and when we arrived we were welcomed by these great folks!!!! Can't explain how great it is to meet people who have Parkinson's and hear their stories! I apologize for being so sweaty!!! 


 I also want to thank Stacey Lee for writing this article to share with Medicine Hat!!! http://www.medicinehatnews.com/local-news/ontario-native-biking-across-canada-for-parkinsons-07122012.html







No comments:

Post a Comment